8 soldiers who continued to fight after being wounded
Marine Corps infantry are certified badass capable of destroying enemy positions and forces with high levels of violence.
But wait, Marines weren’t born from forges in the ground like Uruk-hai. So how does the Marine Corps take soft, flexible high school graduates barely able to work with a condom and turn them into infantry capable of pushing bayonets through enemy fighters like it’s nothing?
1. All Marines go through Marine Corps Recruit Training, starting with the famous Yellow Footprints.
2. During recruit training, recruits learn to perform basic military duties and to surrender their personal interests to the needs of the team.
3. The 12 weeks of recruit training is uncomfortable to say the least. Lots of time crawling through sand and mud, rucking and building muscle through repetitive stress.
4. But the future infantrymen discover combat training here, learning to stab with their bayonets and to shoot with their rifles.
5. And of course, they get to work with the renowned exercise instructors for their friendliness.
6. At the end of it all, they earn the right to call themselves Marines and participate in the graduation ceremony just beforeâ¦
7.â¦ they are sent to the infantry training battalion for 59 days of learning, patrolling and physical trials.
8. Marines learn a lot of new basic infantry skills and some advanced infantry skills.
9. Some of the most important skills are the less conspicuous, such as land navigationâ¦
10.â¦ and long hikes.
11. But of course there are a lot of awesome trips in the lineup.
12. Marines learn to shoot everything from machine guns and rifles to grenades and rockets.
13. Even those big, beautiful mortars will make an appearance.
14. But the mother of all machine guns is arguably the most popular weapon in the arsenal: the M-2 .50 caliber machine gun.
15. In addition to navigation and weaponry skills, Marines must learn skills such as how to administer combat first aid.
16. But the heart of the work of an infantryman is combat as a member of a gun team.
17. The culmination of all this training is the 24 hour basic skills readiness exercise where they are assessed on everything they have learned during the training, making sure they are ready to play the game. role of expeditionary fighters around the world.